Saturday, January 26, 2013

Creative Wedding Guest Book

Weddings have changed DRASTICALLY in the last few years.  Now that's my opinion, but I'm sure alot of people would agree with this

Even from my sisters wedding in 2005 they seemed to have completely changed.  People don't seem to be as stuck in the ideas of "traditional" and are making them much more personalized....as they should be!

The food is changing, the days of the week you have them (mine was a Thursday) the photgraphy has come such a loooooong way from just lining up and taking pictures.....everything!

Remember back in the day when a guestbook almost 98% of the time meant a frilly ass white book with a stand up pen next to it?


Well now we have thumbprint trees, polaroids, postcards, picture frames, guitars....you name it!

I'm soooo happy to see people going from doing what they think they're "supposed" to do and starting to do what they WANT to do!

I knew a little book wasn't a good representation of us and probably would be put away and never displayed

Considering The Boy and I met in culinary school and are both foodies....I knew something food related was the way to go

I decided on a large cutting board...and because we were having so many guests, also a large serving platter to "serve" as your guestbook (bahahaha get it? serve?)




The sign says  "With a love of food and a passion to cook it only seemed perfect to have this guest book. So step up and sign with a flair just so, and up in our kitchen these "books" will go"








I  love love LOVE how it turned out!

Right now I have them put away.  But as soon as we are in a more permanent living situation I fully intend on displaying them in our kitchen....maybe on the walls?

Like on big plate holders?  hmmmm


Anyways.....try to come up with something that represents the both of you....it makes it so much more meaningful!  And hopefully something you will actually want to display




2 comments:

  1. Hey! I LOVE your cutting board! I was actually thinking of doing the same thing myself, but do the Sharpies bleed? And did you seal it with anything?

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete