Sunday, October 6, 2013

Low Carb Almond Butter Cookies

I don't know what the deal is lately....I'm not normally much of a sweets kinda gal.  Way before I even started living a low carb lifestyle....It just wasn't my thing.  I rarely craved or even ate sweets.  

That's why it's extra weird that recently I want sweets more than I ever have in my life.  And that's forced me to start experimenting with making my own LC versions which I'm actually having alot of fun doing.  I never thought I would get into LC baking....I thought I would leave that to my sister..but here I am!  

I've seen alot of sugar free recipes for peanut butter cookies out there...all very similar.  I tweaked it a bit and subbed almond butter.  Here's what I came up with


Low Carb Almond Butter Cookies 

1 cup Almond butter (I used crunchy)
1 cup Stevia (or sweetener of choice)
1 Egg
2 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 tsp. Salt
2 TB. Coconut flour

Blend all ingredients together in mixer.  Form into walnut sized balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Use a fork to flatten the balls in a criss cross pattern.  Bake at 350 for 9 minutes  Yield 12 cookies




They aren't super sweet....but I like that.  you could add more sweetener if you like.  But they come out nice and chewy....just how I like my cookies.


Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. These are just fabulous! I use golden flaxseed flour instead of the coconut flour as I like the little bit of texture it adds. Delish!

    ReplyDelete