Sunday, November 10, 2013

DIY Disney Vacation Countdown #2

Last year I posted this Disney Vacation Countdown I had made for myself


And this year I decided to make one for my nieces who are going next week.  (I gave this to them back in September though to start counting)



I made it basically the same way as before.  I printed out a Mickey head and glued it down to some cute Mickey scrapbook paper.  Hot glued on some glittery chip board letters and put it all in a frame.

I took a can and Mod Podged on  some scrapbook paper to use as a holder for the dry erase marker and eraser,  This way the kids could take turns changing out the days by just writing on the glass of the picture frame






I admit I'm pretty bitter about their trip.  Not that I'm not happy for them....I am.....but I'm EXTREMELY jealous. Like ALOT

It's looking like me and The Boy are about to go all of 2013 without a trip to the happiest place on earth and I'm super depressed about it

We only have a few good years left in us of before I start popping out kids that will only slow us down in the parks. Me and The Boy are the type who pound the Disney pavement from open to close.  No breaks, minimal trips to the bathroom, and not a care in the world but the two us...and man do I enjoy it!   Stinking kids will only ruin the fun.  I joke, I kid....sort of.

That's why it's so devastating to me that we aren't taking a trip this year.  A little dramatic?  Maybe.  But this is Disney we're talking about people!! 

Next Sunday will be my sister and her family's first day in the parks.  I told them to send me lots of pictures....not sure if that's going to be a good thing or a bad thing.  I'm leaning towards it will be bad.  I may just have to have a Disney movie marathon that day and drink my sorrows away.

I think a trip to Costco for a giant bottle of vodka will be in order

No comments:

Post a Comment