Monday, November 25, 2013

The Best Pumpkin Pie EVER

So here's the story with me and pumpkin pie.  I loved it when I was little little.  

Random side note completely off topic.....isn't it funny how we repeat words twice for emphasis.  Like "little little" doesn't mean 9 or 10 little.  It means like say.....4...5?  And I think people generally understand that when you say that.  It"s like when you say you "like like" somebody.  That means winky like....like break me off a piece of that like.  And everyone knows what you mean simply by saying the word twice....just a funny thought.  Anyway.....back to pie making

So I loved pumpkin pie when I was little little.  I remember looking forward to it every year (along with my grandmas stuffing) Then, suddenly I didn't like it anymore.  More than just not like....I loathed it.  The mere smell of it would make me give the stink face. The look of it grossed me out with it's not quite pudding, not quite cheesecake texture.  Watching my cousins wolf it down on Thanksgiving would put me over the edge....and I don't know why.  Seriously, I have no idea what happened. It's not like I had thrown it up....that's usually what ruins alot of foods for people but that wasn't the case here.  And then I didn't eat it for years....like at least 12 years. That was until I had to make a billion of them when I decided to start selling them.  Then, through trying lots of variations I created a recipe that everyone loved....even me.  Now pumpkin pie still isn't my first choice on Thanksgiving.  I'm more of a pecan pie girl myself (and I'll be posting a bomb recipe for that soon too!) but no other pie compares in my opinion.  I will never eat any other pumpkin pie again in  my life.....ok maybe.....but highly unlikely.

You can reference my Thanksgiving pie tips post for tips on how to easily make your pie crusts.  Then use this recipe below for the filling





The Best Pumpkin Pie EVER!

1 3/4 C. Pumpkin (15 oz can)
15 oz. can Sweetened condensed milk
2 Eggs beaten
2/3 C. Brown sugar
2  1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Ginger
1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
!/4 tsp. Clove

Mix all ingredients together.  Pour into crusts.  Bake @425 for 15 minutes.  Reduce heat to 350 and bake for another 30-40 minutes or until the middle is set. (for me it is usually done by 30 but every oven is different)

* Makes enough filling for 1 1/2 - 2 pies.  I usually double the recipe and make 3 very full pies


* Don't be afraid to adjust the spice to YOUR taste.  I like a lot of cinnamon..you might like less. Or maybe you like more clove etc.  Taste you're batter and adjust.  If you are hesitant of eating raw egg add all your ingredients but your eggs so you can taste.  Once it is to your liking stir them in


No comments:

Post a Comment