Tuesday, November 19, 2013

DIY Dollar Store Fall Wreath

If you've been reading my blog for any significant length of time you may have figured out that I'm a wreath making fool.  If you're new to my blog I'll let you in on a little something.....I am a wreath making fool! 

Now that we have that clear I have a terrible confession.......I never had a Fall wreath.  I know, I know.....terrible, disgusting, downright shameful!  I don't even know how I've been able to look at myself in the mirror all this time.  I have every season and every holiday covered in the wreath department.....except poor Fall.

I'm especially disappointed because I'm a root for the under dog kinda gal and Thanksgiving tends to get looked over.  It kinda got screwed getting sandwiched between holidays like Halloween and Christmas and doesn't get much energy devoted to it with decoration.  

Well, I'm happy to say that I have cleared my conscious and made things right with poor Fall/Thanksgving and finally given it it's well deserved place on my front door


I love how it turned out and the best part was it only cost $6 to make.  Everything is from the dollar store.  I think it looks just as nice as the premade ones in the craft stores that cost 4x that at least

For the background I cut the leaves off bunches and arranged them around using hot glue to hold them in place.  Don't completely plaster them flat though.  I just put dots of glue on different places of the leaf and lightly pushed it down so they would still look sort of crinkled and more real instead of an ironed flat look




Add some fall colored and a bow and your wreath is done

1 comment:

  1. Just beautiful! How many bunches of leaves did you need to buy? TIA

    ReplyDelete