Friday, September 6, 2013

Low Carb Cinnamon Ice Cream Sandwich

A few posts back I talked about how I FINALLY got my paws on some Quest bars and made some mini chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches.  In that post I talked about how I wanted to experiment with different flavors and methods

Well I did.  This time I used a cinnamon roll flavored bar and cut it into quarters instead of 8ths.  I also decided to try microwaving them as opposed to baking them like last time.  

I cooked 2 pieces at a time by placing them on a piece of  parchment sprayed with a little nonstick spray and cooked them for about 30-40 seconds until the puffed up...but not too long or they get chewy

I filled them with a little Carb Smart vanilla ice cream.  It made the perfect size ice cream sandwich, one for me and one for the boy...all out of one bar!


 To be honest I don't like the bars right out of the package.  I really wanted to....but I don't. 


It's amazing how heating these bars totally transforms them into something else....it's like eating a real cookie!  Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment