Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Low Carb Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches

So I don't know about you....but I LOOOOVE Instagram!

Not only is it cool to follow your friends and family, but through the power of hashtags  you can see all sorts of cool stuff that relate to your interests

I love to browse through the lowcarb hashtags and learn from fellow low carbers.  It has opened my eyes to all sorts of knowledge, tips, tricks, recipes, and products.  One thing I kept seeing over and over were Quest bars.  People rave about them and I had been dying to give them a try.

If you don't know what Quest bars are, they're protein bars that are low in carbs, gluten free, and sweetened with erythritol. A much better alternative to other LC bars that use sugar alcohols....which can wreak havoc on your digestive system.  No bueno!

So I finally got my butt over to GNC to buy some


I had seen numerous posts of people baking the bars into cookies....so I had to get in on that action

I took a Chocolate Chip Cookie dough bar........


Microwaved it for about 10 seconds to soften it a bit and cut it into 8 equal parts.

I rolled them into balls and flattened them out a little bit and baked on parchment paper for 5 minutes at 350

If you stopped right here you will have some awesome guilt free cookies




But I wanted to take it a step further. I used Breyer's Carb Smart ice cream to make them into mini ice cream sandwiches







I ended up with 4 mini ones, but you could of course make one big one or even 2.  You will just have to adjust the baking time on the cookies accordingly


They make for a delicious little treat!  I can't wait to experiment with more of these bars
 



No comments:

Post a Comment