Thursday, September 26, 2013

Orange Creamsicle Jello

I first made a similar version to this jello when I was doing my Low Carb 5 Day Fat Fast.  In that version I just made sugar free jello with cream cheese in it and then topping with fresh whipped cream to get lots of healthy fats in a low carb dose



I ended up liking it so much that even after my fast was over I needed to make more.  This time I stepped it up just a tad more by substituting the cold water in the jello for orange creme flavored sparkling water



All you do is whisk in a block of cream cheese to the boiling water with the gelatin (it's easier if the cream cheese is softened already) until it's nice and creamy.  Then add the cold sparkling water and pour it into a pan to set like normal


It's kind of cool because even though  you mix the cream cheese in well it will always rise to the top when it cools so you get 2 layers of jello. Regular and creamy.  You can see in the picture below.  Top with whipped cream and you have a delicious dessert or snack




No comments:

Post a Comment