Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wardrobe Wednesday - Mint and Tourquoise

This weeks look is all about me trying to step up my basic jeans and tees.  This is an outfit very typical of me...especially on a day off.  I want to look somewhat put together and cute but not put a whole lot of time and effort into it

Shirt: Wet Seal
Jeans: Ross
Shoes: Bongo (Kmart)
Necklace: Rue 21
  The old me would have just worn the shirt and the jeans. I'm a sucker for a comfy Vneck  and just got a bunch of them (5 for $20) at Wet Seal last week. (Ironically they are named the Whitney V Neck...personally I think it's a fabulous name choice ;)  The new "trying to branch out a little" Whitney decided to go with a big statement necklace since the overall look was so simple.  I've only worn this necklace maybe 2 other times since I bought it and I was stuck on the idea of wearing it with a contrasting color so I always wore it with coral or orange.  This time I decided to wear it with a color in the same family.  What do you think of the turquoise and mint pairing??

I wanted te be comfy....I was running errands and going to the eye doctor so I wore my gold flat Tom wannabe things.  The Boy always makes fun of me when I wear them because he says they give me flat duck feet.  I can't really argue with him on that one....my feet do look incredibly flat lol  But I like them so I wear them anyway

I STILL don't have any gold bangles otherwise I would have worn them here....but since I didn't I wore a gold headband instead.

So what are your thoughts?  Still too basic?  

And I just wanted to show you how in this picture you can see my gnarly bruise I got at work. (Right arm)  Ignore the little white piece of paper I am standing on


I think this means that my job is detrimental to my health and safety and that I should quit ASAP and become a full time blogger.....right?

No comments:

Post a Comment