Sunday, September 29, 2013

Low Carb Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer

It is upon us......Fall is here (except for the fact that it's still 99 degrees outside)  But I actually think they should change the name from Fall to Pumpkin Season...because really that's what it's all about



Pumpkin Pop Tarts, pumpkin donuts, pumpkin pie, pumpkin soup, pumpkin ravioli, and of course.....pumpkin coffee

I first got the idea to make my own pumpkin spice creamer when my sister sent me a pin on Pinterest for a Paleo version of the creamer.  I would give credit but the pin had no source and the recipe was just written in the description.  But being Paleo it had honey in it....not my thing.  So I took the basic idea and tweaked it to be low carb.  I also put a lot more pumpkin in mine than the original recipe called for


Low Carb Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer

1 can Pumpkin puree
1 can coconut milk
4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. clove
50 drops of Sweet Drops

Combine all the ingredients together in a blender. The mixture will be thick.  Keep refrigerated in a jar.  After it is refrigerated it will be even thicker but don't let that worry you, it will melt right into your hot coffee just fine

The above recipe is what fit my taste....but tweak it to how you want it.  I LOVE cinnamon so I always go heavy on that. Keep in mind though that you do want to make it a little strong so that a relatively little amount of it will flavor your coffee sufficiently.  I also didn't make mine super sweet but you could add more Sweet Drops (or other sweetener of choice)  I figured I could add Stevia to the cup of coffee if I need to



No comments:

Post a Comment