Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Monster High Party Activities

The bad thing about Monster High as a theme is it seems that not nearly as many games and activites pop into your head right away.  It's not as "obvious"  This party was much less orchestrated and more about letting the kids run around and have fun doing whatever they wanted

When they first got there we let them get all decked out with dress up.  Tutus, gloves, hair extensions, all sorts of cool stuff.  I forgot to take pictures of all that but you'll see them wearing all their garb in the pictures

Then they got their faces painted




Birthday girl was dressed up as Frankie Stein so she got a full face of make up


Even my 13 year old niece joined in on the fun.  But instead of getting a flower or stars like all the other little girls.....she went for a replica of Mike Tysons face tattoo



The face painting lady seemed pretty appalled.  My brother inlaw was right there with her encouraging it.....I'm pretty sure that woman was judging his parenting style at that moment.  But coming from a lady who was wearing a potted plant on her head....I think we can take that one with a grain of salt haha

Next they played a mummy game.  They grabbed a partner and had one minute to wrap them up as a mummy





Then they were judged.....


as you can see, the wig didn't last too long




And the winners are........




Here's the group all face painted and dressed up




And of course here is one of birthday girl screaming.  I think Brooke will grow up to be a Woooo Girl.  (How I Met Your Mother anyone?)




This last thing isn't really a game or activity....but Imma show it to ya anyway

I decorated a composition book with logos that I cut off of packaging that the store bought stuff came in and glued it on

I made a sign for everyone to sign her "Fearbook" so she could keep the messages and remember this party forever




The rest of the time the ran around and did alot of screaming.....I think that's code for "I'm having fun" in little girl world.



Look under "Monster High Party" in my labels for more posts about food and decorations

4 comments:

  1. Ha, this looks like so much fun. I might need to remember this for our next birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, i am throwing my god daughters birthday last minute this saturday and you have such great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the party turned out well....I'm sure it did. Glad these ideas could be helpful to you =)

      Delete
  3. We had our heart set on the beautiful canopied patio, but their team transformed the lobby into a wonderful cocktail hour. Every staff passing out appetizers and drinks made the guests feel comfortable.
    best dance club nyc

    ReplyDelete