Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Creative Wedding Gift Wrap

So my dream finally came true.....well....at least one dream

I FINALLY got to go to a damn wedding!  Not that I had never been to one before or anything cuz I have....let me explain

I have been married now for a year and a half and all I have been wanting since my wedding was to go to somebody-else's.  Not in a feed me, let me drink booze on your dime, give me cool party favors kind of way (although those are awesome wedding guest perks...no denying that!)  But more so in a way that I just wanted to sit back and watch another couples big day

You put SOOOO much time, effort, and money into your own that you come out with such an appreciation for the entire process....down to every little detail that you never would have noticed in your PB (pre-bride) days. 

Well....my sister Kinsey went to 7 weddings in the year after mine.  Yes.... SEVEN!!  Meanwhile I'm over here with a buncha invitations to NOTHING.  So needless to say when our friends got engaged last November I was pretty freakin excited



So combine the fact that I was practically peeing myself over attending this wedding already and my deep, deeeeeeep love for themes and bad ass gift wrap I had to come up with something cool.

I thought it would be funny to make the gift look like a wedding cake since people are always making wedding cakes look like stacked gifts.....see what I did there?

I think the sad part is that I then picked out their gift based off of what would lend itself best to a cake like size and shape.  So the gift wrap came before the actual gift....but hey....whatever works right?

We ended up getting them an enamel dutch oven that they registered for (it made a fabulous bottom tier)  And the top tier was a DIY Photo Coaster set I made.

I wanted the boxes to look like they had frosting piped on them.  So I used my hot glue gun to simulate frosting designs.  Here is the box for the top tier where I just did a simple dot pattern


I didn't take pictures of the bottom box, but I did the same technique making dots and scrolls

As I "piped" all around I had the box laying on its side...of course MoMo had to crawl in and make a house out of it.  (You can see the coasters I made)




The I spray painted both boxes white, glued on ribbon trim, stacked them in place, and glued on some fake flowers

We used bride and groom Pez dispensers as the toppers because our friend Morgan is a Pez collector and he went in on the gift with is.  It was his bright idea to add them on top...kudos to Morgie!



Came out pretty good......except......

I took these boxes from work and in  BIG, BLACK, lettering it said "Heavy walled elbow noodles"  No matter what I did....no matter how many coats of primer I used...I could NOT get that shit to cover

I cropped it out in the above photo.....but this is how it looked



Drove me effin crazy!  Luckily, the groom is a fellow food industry worker (me, groomy, and The Boy all met in culinary school) so he found it pretty amusing

I was one of the first ones there, but I kept my eye on the gift table and as soon as it started to fill up I swooped in and used one of the little boxes to cover it up



Problem solved!


It was a great night.  Two amazing people got hitched, there was good food and good company, and lots and lots laughs

I guess the wait was worth it =)





 




27 comments:

  1. This design work look amazing.keep posting some new design.Get some ideas Click Here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, thanks for sharing, Buy custom bath bomb printed boxes at wholesale prices by TheCosmeticBoxes - UK. Get a big discount on custom bath bomb packaging boxes. Free design & shipping. Get Your's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this informative article. Click here for Best reseach about Custom Mailer packaging from William smith "Corrugated Mailer boxes strengthens your packaging”

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this informative article. Manufacturing Styles of Custom packaging boxes Custom Packaging Boxes are made from such types of manufacturing methods that would keep your product in its place by providing it a great grip. Also, the manufacturing method makes the assembling of the box easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you want to have customized with any cosmetic boxes for your product, we will organize for you.We also realize a complete customization of the design of the box. Our team will help you develop unique and flashy designs of custom packaging supplier. We develop unique designs not only for you but also provide assistance free of charge to help save costs. In addition, we ensure that the quality of The Cosmetic Boxes is high so as to protect the product against damage. In short, your preferences and needs are our priority and give us their best to complete it. We delivered the order within 3 to 5 working days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing for good post.Making these boxes is a complex manufacturing process because it involves a variety of methods, and quite thick and hard cardboard paper is using to make them.More informatin click here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing informative aritcal. The tradition of giving away wedding favors can be traced several centuries back to the Italian aristocracy More information click here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That idea is awesome but on who is using this must be technical enough to done it right. Everything You Need to Know about Custom Printed Packaging

    ReplyDelete
  9. In fact, packaging becoming more necessary for life nowadays.
    Many people are coming with new ideas of packaging with wonderful designs.
    International markets also getting advance in printing solutions.
    Visit here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Konten bisnis mungkin akan mendapat porsi lebih tinggi dalam situs ini. Anda akan dapat menemukan berbagi tips dan strategi bisnis terbaru.Panduan SEO Wordpress

    ReplyDelete
  11. Berikut adalah rekomendasi 20 game poker terbaik yang dapat Anda mainkan di seluler.Game Poker Gratis

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tapi sayangnya, tidak semua orang tahu bagaimana menemukan atau di mana untuk bermain poker game online terbaik. Game Poker Android

    ReplyDelete
  13. There are a lot of channels available now from Directv and Dish Network. So for those who are not aware of them, I will list the Arabic channels here.
    قصة عشق

    ReplyDelete
  14. Entertainment for the whole family, young and old alike. Instead of seeing a five minute clip of news from the Middle East, watch in-depth coverage of the same event. It's like bringing your homeland in to your living room.

    اتفرج تي في

    ReplyDelete
  15. Candy Crush Mod APK is free to play three puzzle matches, a video game developed by King. On 12th April 2012 the king has released candy crush saga on Facebook, candy crush saga for other windows phone

    candycrushmodapk.info

    ReplyDelete
  16. We use custom teams to help agencies and businesses scale their development, design, and digital marketing capabilities.ios app development company

    ReplyDelete
  17. We are a Team of professional traders, Trading the financial markets for our close clients and investors since march, Finally decided to go live WORLDWIDE this December.We have created a very open and transparent business model, Where our investors can see each and every trade taken, Profit and loss booked in real time, We have Live Brokerage Accounts open to members vetted and fully verified by myfxbook. financial trading companies

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wedding gift wraps and wedding gift cards are so important for to make your wedding gift more special. Most People used ready made gift card boxes to pack the wedding gift cards and other invitation cards. These gift cards are becoming the famous trend for special weddings and memorable events.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice Post! Every Online seller should consider packaging the product to deliver the product safely without any damage to the product. I would like to share some types of Packing to make the product safely delivered.
    carton box manufacturer in chennai
    Wooden Pallet Manufacturers In Chennai
    Plastic Sheet Manufacturers In Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  20. Are your products getting the attention that they deserve? Do you feel your product can be presented in a better way? Packaging is the first thing that gets noticed when a product is displayed. Your product needs packaging that is unique and exclusive. Pyramid Boxes are the solution to your worries. They exhibit your product uniquely and gain the attention of the customers.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Are your products getting the attention that they deserve? Do you feel your product can be presented in a better way? Calculate SHA256 Hash of a File in Python

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Overall, the Pag-IBIG MP2 calculator can be a useful tool for Pag-IBIG MP2 members to plan and manage their long-term savings. useful

      Delete
  23. The OWWA government insurance program offers a range of valuable services and programs for active members and their dependents. As a result, OFWs going through the job application process in the Philippines are required to become OWWA members before going abroad.

    ReplyDelete