Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Dollar Store Valentines Day Decor

So it's 10:30 Tuesday night and Valentines Day is Friday.  That means that me posting about Valentines Day decor is borderline ridiculous.  Actually.....I don't think it even qualifies as borderline anymore....I think it is just full fledged redic....but I'm gonna post it anyway.  There's always next year right?


I love to decorate for the holidays but I can't stomach spending alot of money on it.  Mostly because I'm cheap but also because I like A LOT of decorations and doing it on the cheap means I get to buy more.  My collection is slowly growing.  My Valentines decoration box was kind of lacking so I hit up the dollar stores and added this to the mix






That is just a 5x7 frame painted pink.  I used glitter heart table scatter and hot glued it to some pink chevron print scrapbook paper I had and called it a day.  I found the pink vases at 99c Only and I love them so so much!  I love how basic they are so I can use them for so many different things.  It's hard to see in the picture but it has a great milk glass look to it.  Just throw in some themed picks or flowers and you have a very easy pop of holiday festiveness. 

Lastly, I found this cute double heart frame at 99c Only too.  I debated just putting pictures of me and The Boy in it but decided that was too obvious and boring.  Soooo....I got in touch with my tweener days and made a Valentines themed collage.



I don't know about you but I was allllll about collages from ages 12-15.  Every single binder of mine was a collage,the cork board in my room, even my first recipe box was covered in magazine cut outs.  Cute boys, food, music,....anything "me"  I think it's just at that age where you feel like you want to define yourself and all your likes in a collage for everyone to see is the best way to do it.....plus we always had an excess of magazines.  (I don't know.....there's my psychological take on it for ya.)

I put them all together just for the pictures sake but spread around the house it gives a nice amount of holiday cheery without punching you in the face

Combined with my Valentines Day Pillow


And my wreath



This house is really feeling the love





No comments:

Post a Comment