Thursday, February 7, 2013

Cupcake Liner Valentines Day Wreath

Sooooo guess what?!?

Today is The Busy Broads Birthday!


Yup........my bloggerversary!

One year ago today I wrote my very first blog post

And it was terrible.

No really......god awful!

You can go look at it and laugh if you want....HERE.......I really won't mind.  Promise.

But I started off with a Valentines Day pillow....so I figured what better way to celebrate than with another Valentiney project

That brings us to a wreath.....cuz I'm a wreath makin fool

And for the very first time I think in history.....I made a wreath where the basis WAS NOT the shreddy paper gift basket stuff

If you look under my "Wreaths" tab you will see that pretty much all my wreaths start that way

So I decided to step outside the box and try something new

That something new ended up being cupcake liners

It's pretty crazy that I haven't used them yet considering I'm cupcake crazy. I collect all things cupcake....it's getting out of control actually


So I bought three different cute patterned cupcake liners from the dollar store


Even though the bottoms are totally cute....they don't matter at all

That part gets glued down so find ones with cute sides

All you do is flatten them 



Then fold them inside out and crumple them into a kinda sorta flower shape



And hot glue them all the way around your form.  In my case it's always cut from scrap cardboard



It's not hard, just take a little while

Then I went simple and embellished it with a few hearts that I pulled off of picks from the dollar store



That's all there is to it!

I really like it much better in person where you can better see the mix of polka dot, hearts, and chevron stripes in different shades of pink and red.  I like that it's not as matchy matchy as I usually tend to go

Now I think that since it's our first birthday me and the blog should get to wear a diaper and smash cake into our hair while everyone watches.....what do you think?



1 comment:

  1. Came across your blog via Sugar Bee Crafts' party ... This turned out SO lovely!! Thanks for sharing :)
    HAPPY (belated) 1st Blogiversary!!! Very exciting! :*)

    Brenda
    ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete