Monday, February 17, 2014

MoMo Monday- MoMo's Breaking My Heart

Does anybody else out there have serious separation anxiety about leaving their pet everyday?


Mo really knows how to lay it on thick.  She follows us around from room to room as we're getting ready perching herself as she looks up at us with those sad and confused eyes.  I mean come on....look at that face!  It's so sad and pathetic you can't help but feel terrible.  And that's just the regular day to day guilt....she about killed me the other day when she took it to a whole new level.

The Boy and I were leaving for work at the same time...a VERY rare occurrence in our household.  We both gave her a pat and kiss on the head and told her to have a good day and be a good girl....you know....the normal everyday going out the door routine.

Once I actually got to my car though I realized I had forgotten my lunch and The Boy figured if I was going back in already that he would grab some headphones too.  With him a few steps behind me I unlocked the door and started to walk in.  All I could say was "Ooooooh, ooooooh!!"  "What What?" The Boy said because he thought something serious was wrong....and then he walked in and saw what I saw. 

Our cute little baby sat there staring at the front door just a few steps away.  It broke my little heart.  Just minutes before when we left she was in the kitchen.  That means she walked all the way over to just to sit and stare at the door sadly wondering when we would come back.  Breaks my freakin heart just thinking about it!  I wonder how often she does it and how many hours a day she spends waiting for us to walk in (that is between naps of course.) 

 I felt even worse because she looked so excited to see us again....like she really thought those 2 minutes of us going to our cars was it for the day and we were back to spend the rest of our day cuddled up to her on the couch.  I kissed her about 30 more times before I finally had to leave again

Lord help me when we have human children.  I just can't take it!  I need to quit my job and become a stay at home cat mom.  This leaving her nonsense isn't working for me anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment