Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Wardrobe Wednesday-Blazer and Leggings

I bought this black blazer last year and I'm so in love with it I feel like I need one in every color.  I just love everything about them.  I love how structured they are and how they can easily be dressed up or down.  Paired with a skirt you have a nice outfit for an evening out or even for the office. Pair that same jacket with jeans or leggings and you have a more casual outfit that's dressed up just enough to make you stylish and awesome

I normally wear my blazer with jeans and decided to give it a try with leggings.  In my dream world this would have been an outfit with leather leggings.  You know....the kind that every Kardashian sister wears and that are all over Pinterest. Unfortunately I have yet to find a good pair but I'm still holding out hope.  I just don't want to end up in a Ross Gellar situation if I ever do find some




So I had to just try this outfit without the  leather and go for regular old ones

Blazer:Ross
Boyfriend Tee: Target
Ankle Boots: Ross
Bangles: 99c Only
Necklace: Wet Seal

 
Jewelry is definitely an area I still struggle with.  Where some girls don't feel complete without it I have to remind myself to wear it....it just doesn't occur to me because I went so many years without ever wearing any.  I chose this particular necklace for the outfit because I love black and cobalt together.

The sad part is now that I've discovered my deep love of blazers, cardigans, or really jackets of any kind because of how they complete a look....I'm suddenly reminded that I live in AZ.  Where 4 months out of the year I wish it were socially acceptable to go everywhere in your swimsuit and cover up as clothes.  And "Winter" here it's questionable on whether I need any kind of jacket at all before I start getting armpit sweat tacos.   

I guess it could be worse....I could be in the middle of the Polar Vortex.

But from a fashion stand point I say...Waaah!  I want to wear jackets more! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment