Sunday, January 5, 2014

Low Carb Mulled Apple Cider

So I probably should have posted this a while ago. Say.....like 2-3 months ago during the Fall when EVERYTHING is either apple or pumpkin flavored.  But I didn't....but the beauty of this is it doesn't require an actual apples.  Who cares if it's apple season??

All you need is some sugar free apple flavored drink of sorts...ya know...Crystal light or the wannabe Crystal Lights.  I use the Wally World stuff



Mix it up according to the directions in a pot

I like when cider has hints of orange so I sprinkled in some orange flavoring too...not too much



For a little more depth of flavor a gave a few squirts of this sugar free honey substitute too



Throw in a few cinnamon sticks and cloves or whatever mulling spices you like and let it all simmer together.  



You can keep all your Scentsy melters turned off that day....cuz when you make this deliciousness the wonderful smell will fill your entire house.  You got yourself  a tasty drink and an air freshener here.  I love a good 2 for 1.



It makes a big batch so I bottled up the leftovers and just microwaved it in a mug whenever I wanted it



All the same tasty goodness without the mounds of sugar

 



No comments:

Post a Comment