Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Patriotic Decor

I have a thing for patriotic decor

The last few years have really brought out my inner flag waving "Merica!!" side



I think it's partly because you can keep all the decorations up for so long....basically you could have them up from May-September and nobody would judge you

Ok....MOST people won't judge you 


Here's a cute and cheap craft you can add to that collection


All you need is some acrylic paint, scrapbook paper, wood letters, and a picture frame

I have an abundance of these Dollar Tree picture frames leftover from Christmas gifts that never came to be.  I've meant to make them the past 2 Christmases and never did....so I think it's safe to use one for this project then.....dontcha think?

All I did was paint the frame red, and the letters white



These letters from Michaels were the perfect size to fit a 5x7 frame


I bought some blue glitter cardstock that was unique because it was corrugated.  I think it made it alot more interesting

Cut your scrapbook paper or cardstock of choice to fit them frame and hot glue your letters to it


That's it!  I originally intended to glitter the frame as well.....but ended deciding to leave it plain red to put more focus on the blue.  

Let me tell you....for a glitter addict like myself that was a quite an accomplishment

But of course.....then I ended up using glitter star picks ( from 99c Only) in a mason jar next to it as an accent.   So I still got a second glitter fix....but what are you gonna do?  Addicts don't recover overnight


1 comment: