Monday, June 24, 2013

MoMo Monday Week #10

Lately MoMo has been a little bit high maintenance in the health department.  The last few months I've made more trips to the ER and vet and spent more money than I think in the total other 7 years I've had her put together

Well....she kept up with that last week.  We took her into the vet for a UTI.  Apparently her breed is more prone to infections of all kinds anyway, and combining that with her age and her getting lazy when it comes to drinking enough water in this hot AZ weather means UTI's are super easy for her to get

I decided to buy her one of those water fountains hoping it will encourage her to drink more water 

So far it seems like she really likes it


But of course even with a fancy new fountain.....she still goes for the toilet! 

It's kinda like how you buy a kid a present....and they like the box better.  Of course MoMo does love boxes too



Anywho....that girl loves her some toilet water! So much in fact, we have a morning routine.

(Sorry if this is TMI for some people lol)

  My alarm goes off, I go into the bathroom and I sit down to pee.  MoMo pushes the door open with her little muzzle and comes and stands up on her hind legs with her front paws on my knees.  I give her some chin scratches.....and then finish up doing my thing lol   As SOON as I stand up and flush....she's already making her way onto the toilet seat for a drink

Kinda gross?  Yea.

But what are you gonna do? At least she's getting hydrated.  That's really all I care about at this point


MoMo has a potty mouth

See what I did there?




Here's to staying hydrated.....by any means possible

No comments:

Post a Comment