Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Wardrobe Wednesday- Little Changes

If you follow along with Wardrobe Wednesday you can skip over this next paragraph....I've said this before....


The reason I started Wardrobe Wednesday is not because I'm claiming to be a fashionista...I'm not one at all.  I merely started this as a way for me to break out of my clothing rut and start trying new things and "styling" myself a little more...hopefully boosting my confidence in turn.  I was always one of those self conscious type girls who admired the the clothing of other girls....but thought  it could NEVER possibly look good on me.  I decided it was time for me to stop wishing I could wear and just effing wear it already!  So here I am!

Throughout this whole process of learning to "style" myself I've learned that just making a few changes makes all the difference in the world.  Take this outfit for example



Hat: Fashion Q
T Shirt: Walmart
Jeans: Ross
Tennies: Little girls section @ Walmart
Leather earrings : One Little Belt

This outfit is very casual and not breaking fashion boundaries by any means....but it's very different from the way I would have worn it a year ago.  You see old Whitney totally would have bought the same shirt because I'm a sucker for stripes (read about my stripes obsession Here) and jeans are jeans so I would have had those too.

The difference is old Whitney would have just worn the shirt with the jeans rolled down like normal.  Instead I opted to roll them up for some interest (not sure if that's good or bad since I'm so short but I do it anyway lol)  I would have worn plain white sandals to match the white in the shirt (I had serious matchy matchy issues)   and that would have been the extent of the look.  How boring is that?  A Tshirt, jeans, and white sandals....bleh!

New Whitney wore leopard tennies for the heck of it, a hat, and even earrings....watch out people!  I've always felt funny wearing hats and still sort of do sometimes.  But the part of me that likes it is starting to overrule the part of me that's self conscious and I just do it.  And as for the earrings....I'm the girl who has worn stud diamond earrings for all the years I've had my ears pierced....so me wearing these is a big deal in my world!  

Moral of the story here.....just those few small changes creates a totally different and more interesting look. 

Have a happy {Wardrobe} Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment