Monday, December 17, 2012

DIY Ugly Christmas Sweaters

With the Ugly Christmas Sweater Party growing more and more popular every year, ugly sweaters are becoming harder and harder to come by at thrift stores.

Goodwill is getting picked over super fast early in the season

I learned this the hard way last year and ended up making my own for me and The Boy


This project is perfect if you have a plain Tshirt or old sweater already.  We didn't at the time so we just bought some plain cheapy ones from Walmart 

(for the record, Walmart has some pretty hideous sweater and turtle necks already if you don't want to make them)

I bought some stockings at Dollar Tree that had felt embellishments on them  I cut them off and sewed them onto shirts

I added pom pom onto the wrists of the shirts and for the nose of The Boys reindeer.  

I bought mardi gras beads as well and sewed it onto the neckline of my sweater

Let you're imagination go wild!  The cheesier the better......and it's cheap!



3 comments:

  1. GREAT idea! My son wants an ugly sweater for school on Friday and this is what I need to do! I'd love you to come link up at my Pin Me Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always think an ulgy sweater party would be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative! What a great alternative for those who don't already own an "ugly" sweater

    ReplyDelete