Friday, August 3, 2012

DIY Washabale Toothbrush Travel Tote (long enough title for ya?)

This project isn't exactly new or inventive on my end

It's been all over the almighty Pinterest for months but I still thought I would share.

I personally don't like the little toothbrush covers from way back in the day...so I would end up just throwing my toothbrush in a plastic bad which is pretty grody too.   

Things get all moist and steamy....yuccka!  At least with this towel tote thingamagij it absorbs the steamy wet nastiness and keeps your bag dry.  Then you can just throw it in the wash when you get home and you don't feel so dirty inside.

I got a cute pink hand towel from 99c only

And because I LOVE all things animal print I thought some leopard ribbon would be uber cute




I wanted three pockets so I folded it in thirds, pinned it, and sewed it down






I forgot to take pictures, but I used permanent heat proof fabric glue to glue down the ribbon.  You could certainly sew it but I don't have a machine and do all my sewing by hand.  I didn't want to mess it up so glue seemed the way to go for me.


Make sure you only sew or glue down the ribbon onto the middle of the 3 "panels" so you can tie it once you fold it in thirds.


I also folded and sewed down the corners of the ribbon so it wouldn't fray.





I'm bad at tying pretty bows if you couldn't already tell


No comments:

Post a Comment