Sunday, April 15, 2012

Poor Girls Skinny Margarita

I'm a huge fan of Bethenny Frankel and her line of skinny cocktails.  My favorite has to be the original.....the Skinny Girl Margarita.  I like to buy a bottle when I'm showing up to someones house because its just easier to have it premixed for a crowd.  But for here at home, $10 a bottle can get expensive the way I slam it!  And have you seen the cost of limes these days? Holy balls! Making it from scratch is rarely on option with those prices.  So here is my poor girl version of this cocktail.


Please don't judge me for my tequila.  Haha I have 4 bottles of Cuervo left over from my wedding that need to go first before I can get some good stuff.  

The key to making this poor girl friendly is the key lime sparkling water.  This is Kroger brand but pretty much every grocery store sells their own brand of this.  This bottle cost me 98c which is awesome!    Mixed with a little triple sec you have yourself a delicious cocktail on the cheap!  And since it's cheap you can drink more....and more....and a little bit more.  =)

2 comments: