Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Mexican Smothered Chicken

For all my wonderful and devoted readers out there.......can you sense the sarcasm?  Seeing as how at this point my only 2 followers of this blog are 2 of my sisters.  I guess I couldn't even hook the 3rd one haha  ;)  Anyways, for all my wonderful and devoted readers out there, I give to you a three in one recipe post!  Sort of like going to the bathroom and checking your facebook...it really makes it worth your time!


Chicken Marinade

1 C. Teriyaki glaze
2 C. Water
1/2 C. Tequila
3 Cloves minced garlic



Marinade chicken overnight.  On this particular day I marinated it for about 30 hours and it was delish!  This is enough marinade for about 6 pieces of chicken.  I actually started off with 4 chicken breasts but I pounded them out thin and then cut the large ones in half so I ended up with 6 in the end.
I have a "thing" about thick white meat.  It sorta skeeves me out.  I feel like I'm eating chickeny, proteiny string cheese.  Bleh!  So I almost always pound my chicken out since these days we inject them with so many damn hormones they all seem to have DDs!

Grill it up and this would be an amazing dinner as is! The chicken becomes so juicy and tender and you can actually taste the hint of tequila.



But like I said, this is a 3 in 1 recipe so.....

Grill your chicken until almost done but just a little under since it will be going back into the oven.  This brings us to.....

Recipe #2

1 C. Mayo
1 C. Sour Cream
1C. Thick & Chunky Salsa
1 Tb. Dill
1 tsp. Cumin
2 Tb. Tabasco  (I like a kick but you could use less)


You can use this sauce cold by itself as a dip that I refer to as "Zippy Dip"  Great with veggies or potato chips.  If using it as a dip I suggest making it ahead of time an letting it sit in the fridge.  It thickens up for optimum  "dipability." 




Place your parcooked chicken in a baking dish.  Smother your chicken (thus the name) with every drop of this sauce!  No skimping allowed! Top each piece of chicken with shredded cheddar.  Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes until the sauce it bubbly, the cheese is melty, and the chicken is cookie?  Cookied?.....Cooked.

Here it is straight out of the oven



When I serve it I add extra sauce from the pan on top.  And you know what else is divine?  Having this chicken with spanish rice with some of the sauce mixed into it.  Freakin uh-mazing!


It's cool how different the sauce becomes once it's heated.  It gets darker and more orange in color and the flavor just completely changes.

I hope you try at least one of these recipe alone or put em all together for this (not so) Mexican Smothered Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment