Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wedding Coloring Books

It's been roughly 4 1/2 months since my wedding.  I have done pretty good up until now at avoiding the post wedding blues.  I had the holidays to keep me occupied immediately after and then I focused on new crafts....but the inevitable sadness starting to set in.  I can't even pass by Four Weddings or My Fair Wedding on the TV guide without grimacing just a little.  Damn you David Tutera and your overdone weddings!  (shakes fist)

  It's sort of sad to have something you focused on for a year and a half just be over in a matter of hours.  I think sharing some of my projects may help me out of the funk

My first project I wanted share is the kids coloring books.  I've seen on the internet that alot of brides just go on google images and pull up wedding themed coloring pictures.  There's nothing wrong with that but I wanted something more personalized. My sister Kinsey is the artist of the family so she drew some very basic pictures.  She outlined them in black sharpie and then we just photo copied them to create the pages.  Then just hole punch them and use a ring to hold them together.


Here are the individual pages


Our beloved kitty


Because I love me some cupcakes!


A funny HAHA referring to my husband being mexican


I went on Google and found a website where you can create your own word searches or free.  I'm not entirely sure how appropriate the words I chose were.  But I'm sure the kiddos enjoyed searching for "Booze" anyhow!


Because we met in Culinary school and both love food....



And us..


I bought packs of the 64 count CraZart crayons from Walmart and packaged 10 of them in clear cellophane bags tied with a ribbon..  The packages of crayons  went in a basket alongside a basket of small toys and the coloring books as they walked into the reception area.




They were a big hit! the kids really seemed to like them and it kept them busy during the sort of "down" times like toasts etc.   There weren't so many rugrats on the loose.  And I say that in the nicest way possible =)

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I need to put a few of these together for wedding season this year! I have had such a fun time reading through your archives. Please, come link some of these projects up at my at my oldie's party--a link party especially for those old projects that we have nearly forgotten about! Here's the link: http://www.dosmallthingswithlove.com/2013/03/an-oldie-but-goodie-10.html.

    ReplyDelete