Wednesday, March 21, 2012

DIY Blinged Out License Plate

My last car was red so I didn't really feel like I could add a whole lot more decoration to it without it seeming ridiculous.  My new car is white.  A beautiful blank canvas.  This could only mean one thing......

A BEAUTIFUL GLITTERY BLINGED OUT LICENSE PLATE!!!!!


I didn't take pictures of this process, but it's easy to explain.  Buy a plain metal license plate frame.  I got mine for about $6 at Walmart.   Then I brushed Mod Podge on it and covered it in glitter.  Do it in sections and let them dry one by one so you don't noogy the wet spots on accident.  I let all the glitter dry overnight and then I covered it all in clear nail polish to create a seal.  After it dried I glued on gems and rhinestones using E-600 glue.  



So cute right?  And even cuter on my car


5 comments:

  1. I admire what you have done here. I like the part where you say you are doing this to give back but I would assume by all the comments that this is working for you as well.customlicenseplates.info

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing License Plate!!! This plate makes your car beautiful.
    http://goo.gl/vDBHVo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see the AZ tags. I live in PHX & am wondering how it holds up to our harsh sun & frequent car washes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is very informative. Eating mindfully has been very hard for people these days. It's all because of their busy schedules, work or lack of focus on themselves. As a student I must admit that I have not been eating mindfully but because of this I will start now. It could help me enjoy my food and time alone. Eating mindfully may help me be aware of healthy food and appreciating food.
    กรอบป้ายทะเบียนกันน้ำ

    ReplyDelete