Wednesday, March 21, 2012

DIY Blinged Out License Plate

My last car was red so I didn't really feel like I could add a whole lot more decoration to it without it seeming ridiculous.  My new car is white.  A beautiful blank canvas.  This could only mean one thing......

A BEAUTIFUL GLITTERY BLINGED OUT LICENSE PLATE!!!!!


I didn't take pictures of this process, but it's easy to explain.  Buy a plain metal license plate frame.  I got mine for about $6 at Walmart.   Then I brushed Mod Podge on it and covered it in glitter.  Do it in sections and let them dry one by one so you don't noogy the wet spots on accident.  I let all the glitter dry overnight and then I covered it all in clear nail polish to create a seal.  After it dried I glued on gems and rhinestones using E-600 glue.  



So cute right?  And even cuter on my car


3 comments:

  1. I admire what you have done here. I like the part where you say you are doing this to give back but I would assume by all the comments that this is working for you as well.customlicenseplates.info

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing License Plate!!! This plate makes your car beautiful.
    http://goo.gl/vDBHVo

    ReplyDelete