Sunday, May 4, 2014

Star Wars Candy Bar

In honor of today being Star Wars day....."May The 4th Be With You" I decided it was finally time for me to share the Star Wars themed candy bar I did last summer.



Growing up in a household full of girls.....Star Wars wasn't a big thing for us.  In fact I know little to nothing about it.  That is until I asked The Boy to give me a crash course in it so I could help plan this birthday party.

He of course knows anything and everything there is to know about "The Force" and was my consultant throughout the whole process.  He even went to  his parents house and dug through his old toys to bring as decoration for the table......he was pretty into it.

Let's start off with the drinks....I made a red punch and dubbed it Darth Vaderade


The Boy had an old Darth Vader stamp so I stamped the napkins using Staz On ink so it wouldn't transfer




And I made this little sign for the utensils.   I was waaaaaay to impressed with myself with this one.  Couldn't stop laughing...but my guess is it's not as original as I thought it was in my head




And now on to the actual candy bar.......

 



Let's start off with licorice....




And Tootsie Pops




Some candy coated little meteors





Teddy grahams made for awesome Ewok cookies




Lightsabers





Some Star Wars fruit snacks......because everyone loves fruit snacks





And you can't forget the Princess Leia buns.....or pecan wheels in this case





We also had a basket of storm troopers




Which were big marshmallows that we drew storm trooper faces on using food coloring markers.  Who am I kidding....we?  I had zero to do with it.....I gave this job to The Boy.  He knows all the various trooper faces




Some thermal detonators.....




And last but not least.....Wookie Cookies




These were Star Crunch that we colored with sharpie for the mouth and eyes.  Then a dot of white paint for the eyeballs, and we used plain white labels cut to look like teeth and stuck on


That's it for the candy bar!

And here's the cake I made for the birthday boy......



 












And one more little Star Wars related extra for you...


A few years ago when I was showing The Boy all my baby pictures we came across one of me in the snow.  The first thing he said was "Holy crap! You look like Han Solo!!"

Of course I had no idea what he was talking about until he pulled up an image on google.  

The resemblance is uncanny



Except for my awesome glow in the dark dinosaur sneakers I'm rocking.  Han Solo ain't got shit on that!


Happy Star Wars Day!  May the Fourth Be With You!

2 comments: