Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Wardrobe Wednesday- Floral Dress

Back in February while making one of my normal trips to Ross to browse I cam across this floral dress.  I liked it, it fit, and for $22 it seemed like a perfect solution to my attire dilemma for my friends wedding in April.  I put it in my closet and didn't think of it much more



Dress: Ross
Shoes: Guess


Until........

About a month or so later I was at the mall with my sisters and niece shopping for wedding shoes.  As we walked through the Juniors section at Macy's my eyes were instantly drawn to my same dress.



Now I always knew that the reason Ross has such good prices is because they take all the "leftovers" and extras from big stores.....but I guess I always thought of it as being sold sort of after the fact....if you know what I mean.  Not being sold at the same time as the big chain stores like Macy's.  Even funnier that I got it at Ross so much earlier too.  I'm sure this big revelation is nothing new for most of you.....I don't go to the mall much so I wouldn't often see my exact clothes being sold simultaneously at the big stores/

And why don't I shop at the mall?  This is why.....

The exact same dress cost almost $70! 


Heeeeeeelllll  nawww!    I mean I like the dress and all......but it sure as hell isn't worth that!  I almost didn't even buy it for the $22 because I'm used to spending around $15 on dresses.  I could get a whole new wardrobe for $70.  Ok not really......but I could get a few Ross priced outfits for the same amount.  I just can't even wrap my head around it.....why even shop there if you can get it somewhere else at the EXACT same time for more than half the price?? 


This experience single handedly solidified my devotion the the almighty Ross.  Love that place!


And now I hate malls even more.  Except of course for the mini pretzel bites with cheese.....the malls only saving grace.

 16a747effe8368c65104b851cadf5d4aa276a3378ed6679f23

1 comment:

  1. I am huge fan of Brandy Melville dresses in floral and plain pattern. I have wardrobe full of BM dresses and I never get bore with my collection.

    ReplyDelete