Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Wardrobe Wednesday- Crisp Button Up, Jeans, & Sneakers

 I'm a big fan of mixing the sort of preppy, crisp, button up shirt with jeans and sneakers for a more casual feel.  Kinda business up top and party on the bottom.  I've always loved the look and especially wore it regularly about 3-4 years ago. So what made me put it back into the rotation this week?  Well, my seester and I were going to see Chelsea Handler for our second time (the first time was a gift from my sister for my 19th birthday...yeesh! Time flies)  Chelsea regularly rocks this look herself so I wanted to pay homage to her by pulling the looks back out of my closet



 And here's my take 





Luckily, these shirts are very easy to find and I thrift all of mine.  There is no shortage of these kind of crisp tops in thrift stores.  (I imagine some people buy them for special events or interviews and then never wear them again)  This particular top is Ralph Lauren which I seem to be naturally drawn to.  About 90% of the time that I like a top like this, I check the tag and it's good ol' Ralphie!


These jeans are my FAVORTE skinny jeans and the most awesome deal!  They're Time and Tru from Walmart..yes, WALMART!  They are the first skinny jeans in years that both fit my larger thighs and butt while still fitting my waist.  I don't get the back gap in the lower back that I had become so accustomed too and had written off as my normal.  Not after these jeans!  I've had them a couple of years now and have gone back and bought them in different styles and washes since. 



And of course my current favorite sneakers


No comments:

Post a Comment