Friday, May 27, 2022

Juicy Hamburger Patties and Burger Sauce

There’s nothing quite like a good burger. It’s one of those things I can eat fairly often without getting sick of it. I like them both piled high with lots of fancy toppings, or simple with just pickles and ketchup like when I was a kid. 





When I’m making burgers at home I have a go to mix for the meat. I know it’s more convenient to buy the frozen preformed patties, but most of the time they turn out kind of chewy like a puck and tasteless. I promise the few extra steps of making your own are totally worth it! You get a burger that’s well seasoned and stays nice and moist. 

The Burger Mix

Normally I don’t buy a ton of premixed spice blends.  I prefer to mix my own, but this McCormick Hamburger seasoning is one I make an exception for. 


This along with garlic powder season the meat perfectly. And then, there’s the other secret ingredient, relish! Yep, I put relish in the meat mixture. Dill please, not sweet. It doesn’t leave your burgers tasting like pickles, but keeps the meat nice and moist. The extra fine dice of relish ensures it mixes through evenly keeping everything evenly moist and delicious. 

Whether you form then into thick patties, or smash them thin, your burgers will moist and tasty. 

The Burger Sauce

I know most burger sauces are the same. They are a pink mixture of Mayo and ketchup and so is this one. But I do have something a little extra, horseradish. Not too much, just enough to add a background zip that you can’t quite put your finger on.  And don’t just limit this to burgers, it’s a great fry and onion ring sauce too. 


Burger Mix Recipe

1 pound 80/20 Ground beef 
1 tablespoon Hamburger seasoning 
2 tablespoons Dill pickle relish 
1 teaspoon Garlic powder 

 Mix together all ingredients together with your hands and form into patties in whatever size you prefer. Grill or smash on a flattop or pan to your desired doneness.

You can see the relish bits in the meat.  That's what keeps it so moist







Burger Sauce Recipe 

1/2 cup Mayo 
1/4 cup Ketchup 
1 teaspoon Garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt 
1 1/2 teaspoons Horseradish 
1 tablespoon Pickle juice 

Mix all ingredients well. Serve with burgers, fries, or onion rings.



No comments:

Post a Comment