Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Wardrobe Wednesday- Military Jacket, Combat Boots, & Black Dress




Wardrobe Wednesday TWO weeks in a row??? I know, I'm as shocked as you are.

This week has been rainy and wonderful, something the valley hasn't seen in quite some time.  It even snowed in some parts!! That's unheard of in Phoenix! 😲
I wanted to showcase a sort of rainy day/moody feel.  It had just stopped raining when I was scouting where to take pictures around my house. I have serious social anxiety surrounding interactions with my neighbors (if you follow me on IG....you know)  The thought of my neighbors seeing my set up a tripod and take pictures of myself made me butthole pucker....so backyard it was!

I chose this spot and then ran inside to find a lipstick to match the bougainvillea. There's inspiration all around us! First the weather, then the landscaping. 




Beanie: 99c Only
Dress: Walmart (No Boundaries)
Jacket: Ross (Love Tree)
Boots: Aliexpress

 


Lipstick: Elf, Mulberry Maven lipstick crayon



It wasn't until after the fact that I realized I never took any pictures showcasing the dress.  Luckily, I had some pictures in my phone from when I posted about the dress on the gram when I first bought it over the summer.

I love the buckle detail of the straps.  It makes what would be just a plain black dress into something a little more interesting 



This dress also serves as my example of not being afraid to shop in different departments.  I got this dress from the Juniors department...I am certainly not a junior by any means.  In women's sizing I am 10/12, but I passed this dress and wanted to try it on.  I found that a juniors 15 fit me well and I'm not letting that larger number bother me.  I wanted the dress and found a way for it to work for me outside my "normal" department and size.

No comments:

Post a Comment