Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Teenager and a Hamburger Cake

A week from tomorrow my oldest niece is becoming a teenager

Sigh.

I honestly think I am handling it worse than her own mother.  It's just too fast!  

She and I have an interesting relationship seeing as how she was born when I was 9.  With me being the baby of 4 girls, she became the little sister I never had.  

She used to scale my bedroom door like a monkey and hang from the door handle trying to get me to open the door while I was doing homework.

I used to push her around the house in a neon green laundry basket and sit on the big rock in the front yard with her and eat cashews together.

And now here we are.  6 months ago she was a bridesmaid in my wedding (yikes!)  and now she's an angsty tweener!  Gaaaah! =(

Anyways, this got me thinking about her last few birthdays and I thought I would share the cake I made her from her 10th birthday party.

She had a swim party/BBQ so I made a giant hamburger.  Mostly because I really wanted to make a hamburger cake....but whatevs......it fit.  





I remember that all the kids got a real kick out of it.  As we were slicing it they were asking for "no pickle" or "hold the onions"  It was really cute =)




Since this was done 3 years ago I don't have any tutorial pictures.  But if you like the idea and want some pointers just shoot me a comment and I would be more than happy to help.




Oh and did I mention that she's getting little boobies?  Lord help me........

No comments:

Post a Comment