Sunday, October 20, 2019

Pepper Ann Costume

There was nothing better than waking up early Saturday morning to this




Ahhhh, the good old days.  The opening sequence was especially epic followed by hours of your favorite cartoons.  Not to sound all  “get off my lawn” old, but this was the heyday for good kids  Saturday morning television.  Nothing has been quite the same since it went off the air in the early 2000s.  All the shows were good, but I have always felt like poor Pepper Ann was the underdog.  To this day, every time I mention the show very few people know what I am talking about.  She tended to be overshadowed by the likes of Doug and of course, Recess (arguably one of the most iconic cartoons of the late 90s and early 2000s)  Even though I tend to root for the underdog anyway, she was truly my favorite of the 3!  The show was witty, relatable, and well written.  She had a charm that no other cartoon character at the time could compete with.  After all....

"No one’s cooler than Pepper Ann. She’s her own biggest fan Pepper Ann. Catch her if you can Pepper Ann"


One random day I decided I needed to pay her homage and be the coolest 12 year old for Halloween.  It's like it was meant to be because that very same day I stopped at Goodwill on my way home from work and whaddayaknow......the perfect yellow skirt in my size.  

There would be no way they would also have a purple shirt in my size too....wrong.  They sure did.


All I had to do was order a red curly wig, some teal leggings, and glue on some felt details to create the skirt pattern.  Overall, it was pretty easy to throw together.




 I hope I did Peppe proud 


No comments:

Post a Comment