Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Wardrobe Wednesday- Fall Overalls Outfit

No, we didn’t just travel back in time.  We are indeed in October 2018 and this is a NEW Wardrobe Wednesday post!

Guys....it’s been over 3 years since my last one.  Three YEARS!  I was thinking it was 2 years and even that is still a long time...but damn!  I looked it up and the last post was July 23. 2014. 

I quit doing it for several reasons.  In general blogging took a back seat while I was going through some personal stuff that following year. Then, even when I was ready to start blogging again I put immense pressure on myself that kept me from getting back on the horse so to speak. And lastly........I totally got fat..... AGAIN.  Ugh!

The bulk of my WW posts were done during one of the thinnest points in my life, so I had enough confidence to do them (not saying I was super confident, but it was enough).  But with each pound and chin I gained I just didn’t feel comfortable doing it anymore.  I’m still faaaaaaaar from my goal and feeling chubby even today.  I look at these pictures and still pick apart the details and lumps, but I decided to go ahead and do it anyway.  Maybe it will help me...who knows?

Also, to alleviate some of the pressure I put on myself, I’m not going to necessarily make it a weekly thing like it was before.  Sometimes it gets to be too much, so I will just be posting them as I am able to and not stress myself out over taking a picture every week while the light is good, my hair isn’t too flat yet, my sisters is around to take the picture with the right angles, and before I eat dinner Hahahaha.   I’m just going to roll with it and see how it goes.

Now onto the clothes.....



Thermal Shirt: Walmart
Overalls: Walmart
Shoes: Converse

I’ve seriously gotten sooooo many compliments on these overalls and people are always shocked when I tell them they came from Wally World.  They are from 2 seasons ago and I got them for $12.  I cut the knees and distressed them myself because I felt like the needed a little something to break up all the denim. I haven’t noticed if they have them in stock this year or not, but basically the lesson here is don’t completely dismiss Walmart as a clothing option.  You can find some good stuff!

The yellow thermal is currently in stores from their Time & Tru line.  I got it for $7.96 and LOVE it!!!  It’s super comfy and basic enough that it will be perfect for mixing and matching with a ton of outfits all season long.
Overall this outfit was super comfy and casual but I still looked relatively put together....which is my favorite outfit formula!
Thanks for reading my dive back into Wardrobe Wednesday!

1 comment: