Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Camping Party Food

Luckily camping food tends to be pretty kid friendly


So we had Mac & cheese, beans, hot dogs


And little mini burgers



Of course chips was a must....what's a party without chips

These were cute in the dutch oven





Utensils were held in little tins and the napkins in a cast iron pan



We had a veggie tray and used christmas tree picks that were leftover along with fly picks I made....the same flies I made for the outhouse sign



Stuck them around in the buns too



It was good eats




Also....I wasn't sure what post topic to file this under....but since it is edible I guess I'm going with the food post


Since we were having smores flavored birthday cake (post to come) we didn't want to be overly redundant and have them make smores at the party 

Sooo.....

That meant giving out smore making kits to take home and eat

I had these little brown boxes with the window leftover from the cupcake favors from my wedding.

I've had them in a big bag all assembled for over a year....but I just couldn't throw them away.  I'm so glad they got put to good use

Since the boxes were sort of large in comparison to the ingreidnts, we put a little paper shred in the bottom to bump it up a little bit


Then just put in enough ingredients for a few smores




We just put them in a basket by the door so we wouldn't forget to give them out and told them to make it in the microwave




This way even after the party was over they still got one "smore" camping experience.......see what I did there?   

I crack myself up


4 comments:

  1. Its really great food party you have organized, which is memorable. I really love these type of party. birthday party supplies Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This Camping Party Food looks tasty. The mini burger is so cute. I really can’t resist eating such a cute burger. We are also going to host a fun get-together party at one of local party venue NYC. Right now was looking for some decoration ideas.

    ReplyDelete