Sunday, July 1, 2012

Patriotic Wreath

Following Uncle Sam's orders in my last craft post HERE <---

I have made yet another patriotic outdoor decoration to bring out the innner flag waver in you!  It'll make you bleed the red, white, and blue!

Impressive rhyming skills huh?
I DID win the district wide poetry contest in both the 1st AND 2nd grades.
Maybe someday I'll share those pieces of poetic genius with you all.....but until then I must leave you in suspense.  

This wreath is made in pretty much the exact same fashion as my Easter Wreath. 

^ Click on that to see the full tutorial

The general gist of it is cutting out a cardboard circle, hot gluing on colored gift shreddy...paper...things.  This time I used the foily kind. Give it a trim, glue on your stuff, then glue on a pop tab for hanging and yer done!  


The decorations I used were these cute star picks from 99c only that I just ripped the wires out of.  I also got the big bow from there too.  It's all glittery....shocking right?  Me? And glitter?


 The littler stars I found at Michaels and I HAD TO HAVE THEM! 
They just went so perfectly with the other ones I had.  Don't let the $2.99 on the bag full you....I got those babies for a dolla! 

Now you got yourself a wreath 


You'll get alot of use out of this.  Labor Day, Veterans Day, 4th of July, Memorial Day, Sept. 11th.

No comments:

Post a Comment